Pea flowers are both Thai flowers and herbs that Thai people are familiar with for a long time. Which in most cases we will know the properties of pea flowers in helping to make the eyebrows black. And able to squeeze water, pea flowers to make a lot of herbal water or sweets
History of Butterfly pea
Anchan has an English name, Butterfly pea, Blue pea, or Asian pigeonwings. The scientific name of the butterfly pea is Clitoria ternatea L. The pea flowers are annual plants. Classified as a group of legumes (Fabaceae) in the family Leguminosae, a plant that originated in South America. And generally prefer to grow pea flowers in the tropics. The pea is a small ivy vine. Leaf Pea flowers are single flowers. There are dark blue or purple blue and white flowers. The inner flower is divided into 5 petals. The outer petals are green with a pod-like appearance, flat like a pea pod. The size is about 5-10 cm long. The pea flowers are called differently in the stomach. For example, in the north, the pea flowers are called stalks, but in Chiang Mai they are called red stems.
What kind of pea flowers can cure the disease?
1. Cure hair loss Flower pea contains anthocyanin, which has properties that increase blood flow in the small blood vessels of the body such as the peripheral blood vessels. Makes the blood to nourish the hair roots better Solve the symptoms of hair loss well to a certain extent. If using pea flowers to cure hair loss Can eat flowers, pea dip, chili paste Eat as many other food types, or about a pea flower, about 1 hand, then mix with water. Filter only the pea flower water to leave hair for 15-20 minutes, then wash your hair as usual
2. Solve the symptoms of blurred vision. Increase the visibility of anthocyanins in pea flowers can help relieve symptoms related to eye health problems such as eye symptoms, blurred vision. Degenerative eyes from diabetes, glaucoma and cataracts Because this substance is present in plants that are purple, red or blue Contributes to stimulating the circulation of small blood vessels in the eyes. Increase the efficiency of seeing for us
3. To cure food poisoning, in fact, anthocyanin in pea flowers is considered an antioxidant. And also inhibit E. coli in the digestive tract Helps to cure food poisoning or diarrhea. The solution is to eat the butterfly pea, fritters. Or can drink pea juice In addition to pea flowers We can also find anthocyanin from purple cauliflower and eggplant.
4. Solve stomach pain in addition to biochemical substances obtained from purple, blue, red plants such as anthocyanins. In the pea flowers, there is also an antiseptic substance. (Antispasmodic) that has the effect of reducing abdominal contraction Can relieve the stomach ache for us too By eating the pea, the stomach ache can bring 1 pea flower, handful to boil with water and then sip it as tea.
5. Solving bruises, reducing swelling, this benefit must be given to the anthocyanin once again. That helps stimulate blood circulation in small blood vessels Resulting in better blood circulation to different cells and when there is more blood flowing to the skin cells that become bruised or swollen These unusual symptoms can be alleviated. In addition, anthocyanin has properties to help slow down the degeneration of cells.
6. Pain relief, Japanese researchers have extracted the substance from the pea flower to experiment and found that In the pea flowers, there are Ternatins which have properties to inhibit platelet aggregation. And has smooth muscle relaxants in the body Thereby reducing the pain that occurs With 1 handful of pea flowers to boil with water Then sip into tea
7. Toothache remedies, folk remedies have rubbed the roots. To help reduce toothache and maintain strong teeth Or crushed pea flowers mixed with toothpaste Because the substance in the roots and the whole tree of the pea has anti-inflammatory effect. Helps to nourish cells and slow down the degeneration of various cells in the body.
8. Solving urinary incontinence in traditional Thai medicine texts says that Butterfly pea root has a cool effect. Helps urinate Disabled urine And can be a laxative By cleaning the pea root, boil it with water and sip it as a tea to drink and cure urine.
9. Solving constipation in both the seed and the pea root has a laxative effect. For people with constipation, they can boil root or pea seeds to drink as a laxative. But may experience side effects as nausea and vomiting in some people
10. Solving the insect bites poisoning, as said in the pea flowers, there are many biochemical substances that have health benefits. Just anthocyanins are both antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. Moreover, the substances in the butterfly pea flowers also help to slow down the degeneration of cells. And has properties to help reduce swelling due to the stimulation of blood circulation in small blood vessels Therefore, with insect bites poisoning until the swelling is red. Just use the pea-pounding flowers thoroughly and then apply the mask on the affected area to help relieve insect bites.
11. Relieve asthma symptoms, pea root has a bitter cold taste. Used to eat fresh or boiled as drinking water will help reduce inflammation of the bronchus. And can relieve asthma symptoms Because the substance from the pea root helps reduce inflammation. Ready to drain waste from the body Resulting in better asthma and respiratory systems
12. Stress relief, insomnia, scientific research in experimental animals found that various extracts obtained from the stems of the soil, leaves, flowers and roots of butterfly pea With stimulating learning and memory Including properties to help relieve stress Reduce anxiety symptoms And also has the effect of helping to sleep
13. Reduce the risk of heart disease. Anthocyanin in pea flowers is an antioxidant. And helps to slow down the degeneration of cells in the body Thereby reducing the risk of heart disease As well as helping to reduce the chance of arteriosclerosis in the brain. This passenger will prevent the oxidation of fat. That causes the fat to block the arteries.
14. Reducing the risk of color cancer from anthocyanins is a common concern in many nations. Because it has antioxidant activity Has anti-inflammatory effect UV protection And against the growth of cancer cells as well